1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bulk Calcium Chloride prices in Chicago

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by JSC Inc, Jun 1, 2011.

1. JSC Inc

JSC Inc Junior Member

I have a estimate that I need to send out for a large parking garage and they want to have us quote granular "concrete safe" de-icers. We are a big liquid company and that is what we would like to use but they also want a price on granular products. Who in the NW Chicago burbs sells bulk concrete friendly products and what are people paying?

Thanks

2. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

This would be 1 pricey load. Approx $500 per ton or $11,500 per semi load.? OUCH !

3. Westhardt Corp.

Westhardt Corp. Senior Member

You can't get CC in bulk. It's too hygroscopic, and will end up one big block of expensive. You might consider a treated product, as the higher end ones tend to be less corrosive and OK for decks.

4. Kubota 8540

Didn't even get that far to think about it being hygroscopic. The PRICE gave me brain numbness. :laughing:

5. Westhardt Corp.

True, but I've seen 100% CC properties before...talk about spending money on your snow removal...

:mechanic:

6. Kubota 8540

So you wouldn't load it on Monday and keep it on until Saturday morning?

7. Westhardt Corp.

8. Kubota 8540

Brave man letting it set for 5 days and then trying to dump it. Price of a load of bags still gets me thinking. 40,000 pounds at .25 per pound..... ouch. Guess that's why I use salt on concrete.

9. Westhardt Corp.

You need to update to the most recent version of "Sarcasm Detector".

:mechanic: