1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bulk Bagged Salt in Delaware??

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by DeSnowman, Jan 15, 2012.

1. DeSnowman

DeSnowman Member

Where can you find Bulk bagged salt in Delaware for a good price?
  2. RepoMan1968

RepoMan1968 Senior Member

port of wilmington exit off 495 north bound side . over half a million ton avail
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

For bulk Ocean Port for sure. Are you looking for 50/80 lbs bags or dump truck loads?
  4. DeSnowman

DeSnowman Member

I am looking for bagged 50 or 80 lb bags.
  5. DeSnowman

DeSnowman Member

Do you know where I could get 50/80 lb bags
  6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Diamond Chemical on S Walnut St (rt#13) in Wilmington (302) 656-7786
  7. DeSnowman

DeSnowman Member

Thanks Basher do you know how much there charging for bags or pallets, just checked there charging 400 a pallet,
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  8. DeSnowman

DeSnowman Member

Has anyone heard of a place called John deer supply on Rte 9 suppose to have pallets for 250
  9. DeSnowman

DeSnowman Member

Just found one ton 50 lb bags for 253.00 a pallet
  10. QCS

QCS Junior Member

Where did you find the 50 lb bags for 253.00 a pallet? Does anybody know anywhere in Newark, DE that sells 50 lb bagged salt reasonable?
  11. toyotaboy

toyotaboy Member
    from DE

try your local landscape supplier or nurseries i know of one that sells them for about what desnowman said like 250 give or take a couple bucks for 1-9 pallets i believe then more will get cheaper not sure of the supplier on rt 9 but that price is close to what i pay in north wilmington
  12. Schoenberg Salt

Schoenberg Salt Member

DE Bagged Rock Salt

We have material in New Castle, DE... 9 Pallet Minimums. Please give us a call from pricing at 800-221-5105.

13. devinraptor

devinraptor Junior Member

There is a Place called tri state turf supply in newark 302.731.3050
  14. superdog1

superdog1 Senior Member

I can get it for $215 a pallet. That is 50 pound bags, 49 bags to a pallet It comes out to like $4.15 a bag. I am in PA though (near Harrisburg), so it would be quite the drive?
  15. kdwashman

kdwashman Junior Member
    from pa

where in pa can you get that price. I am near lancaster. Do they have a minumum amount you need to buy to get that price. thanks for the help
  16. superdog1

superdog1 Senior Member

Jonestown Ag supply. You must buy at least 1 pallet, but thats it.
  17. CowboysLC_DE

CowboysLC_DE Senior Member

This is an old post but check out Alexander's Lawn and Garden. They don't stock a ton, but they usually have a few pallets. They should be under $250 a pallet unless prices jumped up from last year, I am not salting this year so I never checked. Let them know what you want and if they don't have it they will order it for the next storm. Everyone waits until the day before a storm so they usually run low.

18. melt all

melt all Member

call us 610-497-9390
    We have bulk salt, bags coming in here and there of different products and as back up we have 1 ton super sacks of a blend......not bad with a 5 gal bucket.