1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bulk Applicatior

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by columbiaplower, Feb 21, 2008.

1. columbiaplower

columbiaplower Senior Member

2. cobraman

cobraman Member

Maybe we can get those instead of hats and t-shirts. :rolleyes: It's gonna be time to spray the plows and store them and lube up the summer equipment soon, (I hope) It is only cold here with nothing to plow so it might as well start to be spring.

3. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

I would recommend using an undercoating gun (Eastwood sells one off their website for $19.95 that we tested and it works excellent), or any standard airless paint sprayer instead. The Sure Shot with the custom adaptor and tip is pretty expensive ($150 delivered), and we've received some complaints about its effectiveness.

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

http://oemproamtools.com/undercoat.htm Hands down, this is the best applicator for FF. You can get into those hard to reach spots. I've put probably close to gallons of bulk trough it and there is no need to dilute it. JMO It's the blue gun on the bottom of the page!!

5. secret_weapon

secret_weapon Senior Member

I'll have to agree with JD Dave! I have one very similar to this and works awsome. I use the flexible hose with spray tip on the end. Can spray at all different angles:redbounce:nod:

I also buy the gallons and diluting is not necessary. Just need to stir cause it starts to jell up after sitting.

6. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I have used the Eastwood model with bulk FF........works great and it is cheap........ I fill it from a 5gal bucket of FF

7. columbiaplower

columbiaplower Senior Member

which one do you use? can you post a link to the specific model on eastwood?

8. dmontgomery

9. Marbleman

Marbleman Senior Member

I know this is an old thread, but I am going to be Fluid Filming my vehicles soon. I was wondering what is the recommend sprayer for bulk application now. Also do you have to cut the fluid film with anything to dilute it (I sure hope not)

Thanks for you help in advance
    Dave

10. dmontgomery

the one I listed works great and there is no need to thin it......

11. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

Let me know if you have any other issues with the bulk. The recommendations provided were solid.

12. Clint

Clint Member

These air powered guns...do they operate off of an air compressor? What is the reccomended PSI? I don't own a airless paint sprayer, so if these hand sprayers work with an air compressor that will be the way I'll go.

13. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

They work off an air compressor and there is no comparison to the other guns, The shutz gun that Eastwood sells is crap IMO ( I Have 2 of them) after using the gun I have. You need a flexible nozzlle to get into tight places under your truck. Plus you can drill holes and spray inside your door and such. I also recommend taking your taillights out and using a 6 ft hard line to spray inside your box. I think we run about 60 psi.

14. Clint

Clint Member

Thanks JD Dave, that looks like the way I'll go once I go bulk FF.

Take care,
    Clin

15. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

No problem....................:drinkup: