1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bulk App. Electric Sprayer

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by dmcenery, Dec 19, 2010.

1. dmcenery

dmcenery Member

Anyone have good results spraying a gallon FF w/ the cheapo electric wagner type power painter from Harbor Freight tools? If so please share.

Thanks!

2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I would like to know too. I bought a small pressurized air gun sprayer "thingy" and straight FF will not spray, it only comes out in a stream. I guess I need to dilute it with thinner or veg. oil to get it to spray out.

3. NorthernSvc's

NorthernSvc's Senior Member

i bought a cheapo paint sprayer from home depot last year $48.00 the ff has always been warm when ive applied it ( room temp...) and i have never ever had a problem with it spraying out at 90 psi...

4. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

........or you could buy a spray gun made for fluid film for $29...........

5. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I use a $20 undercoating sprayer........works great

6. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

Wasn't thinking that folks may not have an air compressor. I'd give it up my first born before my air tools. Get an air compressor, haha. It seems as though there hasn't been much luck with electric sprayers and FF.......

7. SMillerHD

SMillerHD Member
    from IN

Heat the FF first, it can only help, just stick the can in the oven...

8. NorthernSvc's

my buddy has one of those.. POS imo... my 48 dollar sprayer does a 10x better job and uses a lot less FF to boot... atomizes it way better... i spray and im done. he sprays it comes out in huge snot bubbles and then he has to spread it with a paper towel....like everything else in this world, you get what you pay for... theres a reason it's $28...

9. dmcenery

dmcenery Member

Northern,

Please let us know if you have the model # of the Wagner as there are several kinds.

Thanks

10. edb150

edb150 Junior Member

i hit it hard with a cheapo spray gun from hf tools and it works great

11. NorthernSvc's

12. joyofFluidFilm

joyofFluidFilm Senior Member

Fluid Film is about the same viscosity as a latex house paint, so anything that would spray that would spray Fluid Film.