1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bulb Type For Regular Style Plow Lights

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by OptimusPrime, Dec 28, 2010.

1. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime Junior Member

Hey everyone,

New here, but i've been reading posts before this, not as a member and there is alot of info on here and you guys are really helpful! :waving:

Here's my situation. I want to install HID's in my Plow Lights for my UltraMount 8' Pro Plus. I don't have the NightHawk lights, I just have the regular style lights, with the rectangular base. I don't know the specific name for them, but they are the classic ones before the NightHawks.

What I want to know is the bulb type that that light takes, so I can look that up for the HID's and get them.

What I mean by the bulb type is like, the number, or something similar to that. For example, the bulb type for my Super Duty is 9007.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys!!

OptimusPrime

2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

3. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime Junior Member

thanks! so this is the whole headlight assembly that I would be replacing? you said that you have these? are you pleased with them? how long did it take you to put these on?

4. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Just like replacing a head light..different the a regular headlight. one prong is turn a different way..that how those light on the plow are.you will see how they look inside when you take out the four screws holding the face plate....I had the for about a month......I like them.I see better, 30% better.. You can see the width of the road better if you align you lights correctly..I use my truck lights as a guide, and mark the beams one by one(cover one light, mark it. Uncover one and cover the other one mark it..Hook up the plow, align the light one by one..I just made the beam shoot slightly higher then the truck lights....Took it down the road, and it great.........No one flashing their beams up or down...

Others might have a different opinion....

Last edited: Dec 28, 2010