1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bulb Replacement?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by millsaps118, Jan 18, 2009.

1. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

My head lights suck on my '06 V. Is it possible to replace the OEM bulbs with brighter aftermarket ones similar to Silver Stars? HID would be great but I really don't want to go that route, I just want a little brighter (then what I have) bulb.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sure can. They're simply standard issue 9005/9006 bulbs.

And upgrading the bulbs makes a world of difference. ;)

3. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

Thanks B&B I had a feeling u'd give me an answer!

4. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

Which brand/type of bulb would you recomend o wise one?

5. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

bulbs

i was thinking about sylvania silver star ultras don't know how long they last in a plow ,i know limate4d running time in a plow .looking at the reviews ( in truck use ) 6-8 month's of life ,on any of the bulb's .:confused:

6. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

They last. Very bright light. I had them in another plow but will be upgrading soon to this plow. I'd like to put them in the truck though. There about $25 each, worth every penny.

7. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

bulbs

pardon my misspelling but i will probably go with them ! :salute:

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The Silver Stars aren't known to last as long as a run of the mill bulb (and do not in a plow light usually) but they're easier to source local vs a Hella or PIAA bulb (which have been known to live longer).

If you don't mind buying a spare or having to order a bulb when you need it then go with the PIAA or Hella's...if you want easy availability from anywhere go with the Silver Stars.