1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Built Bulletproof!!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 80sturgisrider, Dec 23, 2008.

1. 80sturgisrider

80sturgisrider Member

Here is 1 of 3 Chevrolet 1 ton dually 4x4's that I got (1986-1988). All are diesels and I love 'em. They dont "squat" like the newer trucks when I lift the blade, the Dana 60's have less moving parts and they are near impossible to break. All have TH400's backed by the famous NP205 gear to gear t-fer cases. Also, this is the 1st v-plow that I have owned--always straight blades before this season. I have had all makes of plows and The Boss is definitely THE BOSS!! Also, last year was the 1st time I lettered my plows. Worked out well enough to get the advertising paid for, as well as a little extra, so I did it again with this Boss. If you do it--good luck! Finally--the paint job. Retired US Marine--camo is in my blood. Nuf said about that!

desert test.jpg
  2. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

more power to you if you keep those 6.5/6.5 going strong
  3. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

I have been thinking about installing an 8'2 V on my 85 chevy, how high is your front bumper off the ground? My truck has a 2.5" lift kit and the bumper is now 21" off the ground and I have been wondering if the mount would not be low enough for the Boss V.

Can you post a pic of the mount with the plow on, and one with the blade raised. I would like to see how well the truck holds the plow. Thanks.
  4. jimaug87

jimaug87 Senior Member

I'd like to see more pics because I love those Chevys. That truck looks great.

Do you run a spreader in any of them? Those trucks would love a V box
  5. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Fixed. lol :D
  6. Novadiecast

Novadiecast Senior Member

Lets see the whole fleet!!!! I love those old Chevy trucks.
  7. golfstud88

golfstud88 Member

Thank you for your service!!
  8. ctd992500

ctd992500 Senior Member

Pretty cool lookin setup! Looks like a money maker.
  9. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

Thats pretty awesome, sure is mean looking. Lets see some more pics though.

10. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

More pics....that thing looks like a beast....did you build the back rack?
  11. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Sweet truck
  12. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

I'm not by any means a Chevy guy, but that is one awesome truck!
  13. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

snow tires??
  14. tigershark11

tigershark11 Junior Member

Nice truck,paint job and plow!! Thanks for your service!
  15. scooled101

scooled101 Senior Member
    from midwest

looks like a few trucks i used to run with the 6.2 diesel tons of power they didnt even need turbos. my problem was they wore out quick but great engines and trucks none the less