1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Building Wings

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by etpros, Jan 1, 2011.

1. etpros

etpros Junior Member

We are building wings for 7.5ft blade. we wanted to add 2ft wings on each side but its a lil big so we're going to add 1fts on eachside making a 9'. will post pix wen complete

2. etpros

etpros Junior Member

the pix

so we've decided to at 2ft wings to both sides but they r mounted with quick pins. the blade total length it 11.5ft. ill have pix of the blade completed later

0101111903.jpg

0102111914.jpg

0102111948.jpg

3. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Good idea using an old blade but I'm thinking 2' wings is going to put a ton of stress on the moldboard. I wouldn't go bigger than 12" personally but am interested in how this turns out.

4. etpros

etpros Junior Member

its just for parking lots and longer flat driveways that we have. i will be sure to let you kno how this works though.

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

i have a 1ton truck. also a 8ft & 9ft speedcaster plow for it.

when i went from 8ft to 9ft wow :eek: what a diffrence in plowin. yes i move more. but boy do i feel it.

and fisher made the 8ft and up a lot heavyer than the 7ft6" down stuff. even the truck side is lighter duty. so realy watch it and 1/2 ton truck might just eat a LOT more parts @ 11ft now.