1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Building swing gate for tailgate spreader.

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Runner, Dec 10, 2004.

1. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Has anyone here built their own swing gate for their tailgate spreader? I'm looking to do this, and I would like to see some pics of anyone's who has. I pretty much have a design laid out, and I'm using using a 3" pipe over top of another pipe for the swing hinge. This will be butted with a piece of 3/8"flat stock approx. 5"x7", bolted to the top of the step bumper. The top will be anchored to the top of the bedrail. The passenger side (recieving side) will be much the same way, but using 2" sq. tubing. The end of the gate will be channel that will surround the sq. tubing when closed, and be kept in place by two pins. I will have two or three pieces of sq. tubing running horizontally across for the gate itself. Any other ideas and/or pics are greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)