1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Building My Own Pusher Box Wings

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MACHINIST, Jan 27, 2005.

1. MACHINIST

MACHINIST Junior Member

I would like to make my own pusher box wings for my fisher 7.5.What I would like to here is some suggestions from some of you guys about doing them differently than the norm?(turkey-wings and pro-wings)I was thinking about putting some thick rubber on the bottom edge to act as a generic trip edge like the pro-wings have.I am not looking for any extension to the width I just want containment for the ends.thanks alot great site!!!

2. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

In just helped my brother in law build a set for his 7.5 Western. We built them similar to the power scoops but with 3/8 dimond plate for the end caps. Plus a few other modifications. The ones we built come off with just one pin and no drilling or welding on the plow itself. I'll try to get some pics this weekend.

3. MACHINIST

MACHINIST Junior Member

4. plowman777

plowman777 Senior Member

make me some when your done

5. daninline

daninline Senior Member

I was thinking of making some too but I also want to make them with a hinge and a spring on the back so if I was to hit someting it will just go back and then spring back after I think there will be less damage.

I just started planning them I have a old plow to play with to try them on.

6. Cfdff85

Cfdff85 Member

If you made it with the spring on the back it would already be pulling the wing back thus not springing back. in order for this to work the spring must be pulling in the same direction the truck is moving, so when u do hit something its forced back and pulled forward, and see as how the spring can not be in the front i don't know how your idea would work. Keep me posted though I'm interested on how you make out with it.

7. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Machinist

I have a set up like your are looking for on my Arctic. I will take pics in the morning but then I will need my wife or one of the kids to help me post them. They don't have to trip or move when you hit something as your plow is trip edge. They are a little heavy but they can move snow. Real bad for back-dragging as they don't allow the blade to dig in. You can even take snow around corners if you want.

8. daninline

daninline Senior Member

How I'm planning them they will have the spring on the back side.
    The spring will be pushing not pulling it's really simple I just need to do some welding and a few other things.
    I'll keep you posted I hope to have something this week or next.

CET I can't wait to see what you have for a setup.

9. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I took 5 pictures this morning. It says they are to big and I can't resize them. Maybe I can e mail to someone and they can post. Thanks!

10. daninline

daninline Senior Member

Send them to dan@kcomputers.net

11. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Lets try this,

Cnv0007.jpg

Cnv0009.jpg

12. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Hope this works. I could probably build them faster then it took me to figure this out.

DSCF0500.JPG

DSCF0502.JPG

DSCF0504.JPG

13. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

The first picture is the bracket to reinforce the hole in the mould board. It is bolted to one of the verticle supports and the piece against the mould board is the same shape as the mould board. The second picture is the front. The third picture is of the side. On the left side at the back there is a piece of 3/4" pipe that is welded on to the side. The side is made from 2 pieces, the bottom few inches is bolted to the rest of the side. It has a 1/2x2" piece welded on the bottom as a wear edge. You mount this side on the plow, set the correct angle and tighten up the first 2 bolts which are adjustable and then drill a hole for the third bolt to hold everything in place. The forth picture, the side of the plow, you remove the handle and you have a piece of 3/4" pipe on the top and the bottom. The piece of pipe from the side sits in between these 2 pipes and then you put the bar back in. Swing the side forwards as far as it will go and then lift up the piece of flat steel. There is a mounting pin that goes through that piece of flat steel and then through the mould board and held in place with a lynch pin on the other side. When you change your cutting edge you have to change the bottom part of the side. That is why they are in 2 pieces. I bought everything when I bought the plow. The sides were $425 Canadian.

Just ask questions, I know that this is not a great explanation.

14. daninline

daninline Senior Member

15. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

daninline

Thanks daninline for posting the pictures. I played with this for about an hour until I got it.

16. G.L. In Ont

G.L. In Ont Member

Looks familiar

Hey CET - that truck looks familiar! Hope you're doing well. I take it you've been a busy guy with our weather of late.

Perhaps we'll chat soon.

Cheers, GL.

17. daninline

daninline Senior Member

Were do you mount the brace you have on them?
    Do you have any photos with them mounted how you made them gives me more ideas :)

18. snowinjoe

snowinjoe Senior Member

19. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I managed to post the pictures also. The first 2 pictures I posted shows holes in the mouldboard. The brace mounts against the mouldboard and then you push a pin through the hole.

20. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

snowinjoe

They don't swing open. We have tried to figure that out but these are trip edge plows and it won't sit like yours.