1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

building mini pro-wings - parts?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bcp, Sep 16, 2005.

1. bcp

bcp Junior Member

I am building a set of mini pro wings for my ATV plow. Is there a site out there with some good pics? or can someone provide me with some? I think that I have it figured out how to fab them but need somewhere to get the HEAVY rubber to use for the bottom. Thoughts? :confused:

2. slade

slade Senior Member

I think you can buy the rubber edges from millsupply.com About $20.00 each I think.

3. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Check around local large production facilities. Sometimes they have large conveyor belts that get replaced, or trimmed etc. For years we had a rubber bed mat that was cut from 1/2" thick scrap conveyor belt material from GM, but I bet they won't be as cooperative anymore as they were in the 80's.

Doesn't hurt to ask though. Cheap is good, free is better still! ;)

4. progmc

progmc Member

Cow mat works good :drinkup:

5. bcp

bcp Junior Member

cow mat? like used in dairy barns? I should be able to find that somewhere around here. How thick of rubber should I be looking for? about 1" ?
    Thanks for the ideas.

6. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

I just finished installing PRO WINGS on my plow and the rubber they supplied was every bit 1", I'll try and get a measurement for you and post it latter this week.

Good Luck Buddy :redbounce