1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

building cab shield

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ChipsEarthWorks, Nov 18, 2004.

1. ChipsEarthWorks

ChipsEarthWorks Senior Member
    from CT

Hey does anyone know where to find or has plans or ideas on making your own cab shield/screen like a backrack or something similar i want to mount a light bar on my truck but do not want to pay alot for a cab screen or shield what ever they call it any help on this would be great

2. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

Are you handy with a welder or do you have a friend that can weld and will do it fairly cheap? I made my own(do a search on backracks.....you can probably find some pics of my set up or PM me and I can point you to a site were I did a deccent lenght write up) It will by no means give you enough info to make plans from but may give you some ideas. any particular questions ask away. If your not handy with a welder and dont know anybody that would do the work for cheap(or you couldnt maybe trade services or something) and you have to pay actual labor it will get pricey. You should be able to make one for under 100$ in material easy even if you get fancy.

3. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

believe it or not but I have a section of scaffolding behind my cab that does the trick and cost 0.