1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Building a Meyer Testing Stand

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by ibelee, Jan 16, 2006.

1. ibelee

ibelee Senior Member

Has anyone done this?

I saw a pic of one on ebay. Didn't look that complicated.

I figure $300 in materials and some shop time.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

I started one about 4 years ago. had 7 meter plows running and had to work on at least 1 after every event. so the stand would have been perfict for me. But then I bought a used F350 DRW w/Boss V on it. not that I wanted the Boss but it came with the truck free. WOW for 4 years now it has ran and not needed any work. Bought another F350 w/Boss 9.2 V last summer. again that one also has not needed any work. If it wasn't for the few Meyer blades I still have I would not even need a shop to work on them, let alone a test stand. Some day I may finish the test stand I started but it will be because I want to not because I have to.
    Make it simple and good luck.

3. ibelee

ibelee Senior Member

Test Stand

Thanks Dwan.

Been rebuilding pumps for a while. Trying to figure out how to speed up the process. Brian was kind enough to send me info on the new stand Meyer has as well as the older model. With the weather the way it has been, pump sales are dropping, so I thought I might try to make one.

Seems like just some spare plow parts, a couple of gauges, and some steel.

Any pics of the one you started?

4. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

This was a snap shot in the shop which had the stand in it. I will try to get some pictures of the stand alone later this week. As you can see this stand only has the base, post, and mount for the pump installed, No electrical or plumbing yet. Just having the plst has saved time when working on there pumps.

Meyer-test-stand-w-grader.jpg

5. bnewell

bnewell Banned
    from Ohio

ibelee ~ I can email you some pics of our "old style" test stand if it would help.

Brian

6. bigplow23

bigplow23 Junior Member

ibelee
    i am in the process of making one right now. i also made blue prints for the lift part of the test stand of every part. if you would like a copy of them i can send them to you. we should have our metal in by Friday and i should have it machine and to gather by next Friday. we have started making the the prints for the power angle part of the stand but need come up with a few measurements still.

7. bigplow23

bigplow23 Junior Member

8. ibelee

ibelee Senior Member

Thanks Brian

Yes I'd like to see some pics. Sent you an IM a couple of days ago.

Lee