array(0) { } array(0) { }
  1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buiding a plow for a 93 tracker -I need some help

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by daveolejnik, Jan 31, 2008.

1. daveolejnik

daveolejnik Junior Member

I have a chevy 2500 with a unimount that I plow with, But my transmission just went out and left me in a bind. I am having someone plow for me while my truck is getting fixed, But I have a 93 tracker that I was thinking of building a small plow for just to plow out my driveway and maybee a few neighbors in case of another emergancy. I bought the tracker a few years back for $500 and I beat the crap out of it. It always runs!!! It has to be the most reliable vehicle I own. I dont need anything fancy. Hell it doesnt even have to turn. I have a 6' meyer blade with the A-frame and springs. It doesnt have any of the rams though. I am just going to build the frame and mounts. I just dont know if I should try to pick up a used pump and controls or Ive seen some of those cheap plows being raised by a winch. Wich would be alot cheaper and lighter. I just havnt seen any and dont know how well they work. Ive seen those winches that pull boats and cars on trailers for like $50. I would think they would be able to lift a plow that might weigh 150lbs. I wouldnt be able to turn the plow unless I got out of the truck and pulled I pin and turned it, But I think this might be the cheapest way to go. I was thinking I also couls put another power stearing pump on the truck and put a hydraulic ram on it to lift it. That would be cheaper then picking up a pump on ebay. I just want this in case my other truck isnt running so I can get out of my driveway without having to pay someone to plow me out. What type of set up would you reccomend??? Im trying to do this as cheap as I can. I might be able to get some hldrailic rams off of an older outdrive unit. I was thinking these might work to turn the plow?? Any sugestions??????????????????????????
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2008

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

why is this in the picturs forum again?
  3. exmark1

exmark1 Addict

There is a guy around here that has a newer style tracker late 90's I would guess with an all hydraulic plow on it. Maybe I can get you some pics if I run in to him!