1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bugging me

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by tmltrans, Jan 20, 2005.

1. tmltrans

tmltrans Member

Not a serious problem, but it bugs me. Have 2004 2500HD 6.0 with a thermometer/compass in the review mirror. Without the plow seems to be fairly accurate, but with the plow on it is way off. I have had it go up to 145 going down the road. Anyone else have this happen?
  2. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

Yes,mine does that as well.Best temp I got out of it was 178 degrees,I just shut the thing off and add it to my long list of repairs...
  3. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

Where is the sensor at for them? With the plow on it must be pulling engine compartment air past it.
  4. calhoun

calhoun Senior Member

No need to repair anything. The sensor is in front of the radiator. The plow creates a vaccuum behind it. This is interesting because it means air is being drawn backwards from the engine though the radiator. I knew the plow blocked air because I always ran hotter with the plow on just never thought about it creating enough of a vaccuum to draw engine air though the radiator.
  5. z71Worker

z71Worker Member

same thing here... however, truck never runs any hotter with the plow on..
  6. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

it does it on both my 3/4 hd and it did it on my 3/4 ton dodge