1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

BUFFALO SNOW

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by finnegan, Oct 24, 2000.

1. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

Happy to report that our local weather stations are predicting colder than normal conditions and above average snowfall,thats 91 inches at the airport..but we have a little problem (lake Erie) that's right lake effect snow,for those of you that don't know what it's like,Imagine driving through your town and you have 4 inches in your driveway but at the end of your street you have 2ft.+ It makes your commute to work a nightmare, sunny at your house--blizzard conditions at work(boy I hate when I start rambleing on about how much snow we get around here!!!!) anybody else get snow????

2. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

We get a little.... a little more than Buffalo.

Buffalo has better PR than Erie does.

3. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

As moderator you will have to cease the chat about "lake effect snow". The rest of us, not so luccky to have a large snow making machine in our area, are jealous. I may have to close this thread if any more of this type of talk is mentioned.Perhaps your own forum is in order.
    Dino

4. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Absolute power corupts absolutely......

5. Matt

Matt Member

Dino,
    You seem to forget that those storms they call "Noreasters", while they may not happen as regularly, still deliver snow more in your area than ours on average. You also have the customers that want to be able to see there pavement before, during and after the snow falls while in Erie, Buffalo and Jamestown they don't care about that until April. It must be the snow we had 2 weeks ago that has the forcasters saying those things. Ask me in April and then I'll say what winter was like.

Matt

6. diggerman

diggerman Senior Member
    from Ames

Hey they're building a retention pond across the street from my house think it will snow more here this year?A little retention pond effect snow. Sadly if it does it will all most likely be in my drive,very little money to be made in my drive.I'm so cheep I don't even pay myself,but I guess that because I want to be like all the rest of my customers.

7. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

I'm so cheap, I don't even waste the gas money to plow my own driveway, let alone pay myself! It melts, I can't believe all of these other suckers actually pay me to move it for them. :)

8. Lazer

Lazer Senior Member

Lake Effect snow is great!

1.) Regular snows, especially early in the winter.

2.) Always light & fluffy.

But it IS a PITA to forecast.