1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buffalo, Ny pricing

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by randyo156, Aug 9, 2008.

1. randyo156

randyo156 Junior Member
    from Buffalo

Hello folks
    I am new to the board and the business, but have been maintaining properties for nearly 3 yrs
    I was looking for some pricing in the buffalo area
    Particularly seasonal residential contracts in the north buffalo area.
    I was thinking the going rate is prolly around $400 for the season
    is this accurate
    Another question
    Do folks offer discounted plowing for people on their street?
    I was thinking of offering the folks on my street a plow service for a 300 for the season
    Let me know If pricing is out of whack
    thanks
    Last question.
    How many driveways can be handled by one person/ truck. I do have a spare truck with an experienced driver but would prefer not to use him around here as it is a bit of a drive for him
    thanks

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Pricing is about right. Are you talking in the city North Buffalo? A lot of those drives are small and you run out of room fast. If they are secondary streets plan on going back a few times ea snow because the city plows take a few days to get to them. As for neighbors tough call if you screw up they know where you live!

3. randyo156

randyo156 Junior Member
    from Buffalo

Thanks Grandview
    yes
    i was talking in the city
    parkside/hertel area

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

The city should have that area plowed out a little faster seeing that it's in the nicer neighborhood .But those drives are small up there.