1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

buffalo getting almost

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mole, Mar 8, 2008.

1. mole

mole Senior Member

2 feet today with blizzard like conditions. weather channel is here mike sidell yesterday he was standing out on lake erie. when I came out of the bruce springstien concert her was doing a remote in front of hsbc areana where the sabres play it was pretty bad last night good thing I dont have to plw untill tommrow

2. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

Time to bring out the payloaders.

3. fairwaysnow

fairwaysnow Junior Member

Tell us how it turns out

Good Luck from snowless LONG ISLAND

4. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

and snowless CT

5. shepoutside

shepoutside Member

Needddddddd Sleeepppppppppppp

6. green frog

green frog Senior Member

Ya lots of snow. From 4pm fri thru 9pm sat I have been out 3 times for a total of 19hrs and planning on going out at 3am again. Thank god for per plow contracts since I was just out my 23rd time this season.

7. apik1

apik1 Senior Member

23 times? untill this storm I had only been out 7 times since November 1. My triggers are 2" and 3"

8. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

7 times? I've got a few 4inch residentials that have been done more than 7 times... and I think you guys have gotten as much snow as us.

9. plowindiesel

plowindiesel Senior Member

was at canisius college for the weekend seein my buddy and was supposed to plow on sat but we were snowed in...boss was not happy about that

10. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

Snowed in ? You act like we had alot of snow or something ?
    This event wasn't crap. It snowed from 2pm to 2am Friday, then 6pm to 3am Saturday.
    I had one call all weekend, for an approach on Sunday afternoon when the town of Clarence finally decided to make their rounds. We were only out for 12 hours total.

11. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Another weather bust. Was waiting for the big Blizzard.

12. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

Blizzard no, But bust?! We got about a foot, but that was the heavest snow I have pushed in a while. Couldn't backdrag it for crap. But as long as nothing breaks, It's all good!

13. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Well, I'm about to hit the hay. Just finished what should be the last details (extra salt spreading) an hour ago. I got 9 hours sleep during the day today though, but before that I'd had only a handful of hours of sleep since Thursday night.

51cm (almost 21") of snow is the official total accumulation here for that storm, though I know in some places we had more than that. Then the wind started up, and we spent a lot of time dealing with giant drifts and wind-packed snow... then 4' long icicles off the sides of the buildings and dripping and refreezing sidewalks etc.

Running out of room to stack snow on some sites.

Anyways, off to bed.