1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buffalo finally gonna get some snow !!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by green frog, Feb 24, 2010.

1. green frog

green frog Senior Member

They are actually calling for 8-12 inches. Hey Grandview is this enuf snow to get rid of some low ballers?

2. lumps

lumps Senior Member

It's about time, but I won't believe it until I see it.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Little snow right now,heading out for a salt run.

Going to take more then that to get guys to quit!

4. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Do you get your salt from Pfhol? I'm getting pretty low and was wondering if they have any left? I'm going to try to get through the season with what I have left so I dont have to worry about storing it.

5. BuffaloJoe

BuffaloJoe Member

I buy from Pfhol, picked up some the other day they got plently left at the Gateway Depot.

6. badabing1512

badabing1512 Senior Member

Supposed to be heavy and wet :D

7. green frog

green frog Senior Member

Question about salt. Do you need to carry more than 1mil/2mil insurance coverage? Are you liable for slip and falls? My commercials have asked about it so may add it next year but just a tailgate spreader.

8. theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor Senior Member

You jinxed (No idea how to spell that) it. We'll be lucky to get 2 inches now lol.

9. lumps

lumps Senior Member

Just the way GV likes it! :drinkup:

10. lumps

lumps Senior Member

I don't see why you would need any more insurance. No one I've talked to (customers or my insurance agent) have ever mentioned anything about it. If anything, you're greatly reducing the chance of a slip and fall.

11. grandview

Wet is ok,not to crazy about the heavy part!:cry:

How will you be setting it up? If they only want you do salt on request and anything happens it should be more on their shoulders if anything happens.

12. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Fine with me, all my contracts are seasonal. I've made out pretty good this year!

13. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

Is it spring yet?

14. green frog

green frog Senior Member

Heading out to plow, I hope this massive 3 inches does not break my plow. I think we should call Brian up to help us all out.lol

15. grandview

Finished up a little while ago. Nothing better then coming home and having no messages!I must be good:)

16. lumps

lumps Senior Member

Yeah, this storm was a monster. I had to get the 3 yd loaders in just to do my driveways!

17. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

nice and wet. So how many days till spring???

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  18. weekendwrench

weekendwrench Senior Member

Spring better get here quick! Roasted a tranny today in one of my trucks. Spent the afternoon and the better part of the evening under that POS. Quit after the dam thing leaked ATF all over my nuts. At least I got my driveways done before it was totally cooked.:angry::angry:

19. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

i don't know about in NY but down in O H I O when we got blasted consecutively throughout the beginning of Feb, I got a lot of new work from guys that couldn't hack the 22'' we got in two days...so it should rid out some of the weekend warriors