1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buffalo blizard and bent body panels

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sledhead, Dec 30, 2001.

1. sledhead

sledhead Member

How many of you guys that are pushing in excess of 4 ft of snow have crunched in the door panels and box sides of your trucks?

Any one use "nerf bars" to help keep the truck away from piled snow?
    I installed a set for that reason, tho the snow piles here barely rise over the wheels center yet.

Sledhead

2. 95zII

95zII Junior Member

I don't know about 4 feet of snow but I have crunched my passenger side door panel and front of my box turning in heavy wet snow during a push. Or just rubbing up against old frozen banks has done it to me.

3. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

Dont think I've damaged anything yet. I really hope not concidering I just got the truck in Oct. Havent really had the time to brush the snow off and check yet.

4. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

Just noticed the title of the thread. BTW: this is not offically a blizzard. Not enough substained winds yet. Just a MAJOR lake effect storm. Its may be called a blizzard is the winds pick up tho.

5. jimsmowin

jimsmowin Senior Member

suction cup or comoed plunger can return most door pannels to normal or wait for summer temp. change usually causes metal to return to position if not damaged to bad.

6. intimidator

intimidator Member

I don't need nerf bars, i need rub bars like the sat. night roundy round guys run. I have since learned to run weight in the rear, if we ever get snow (yeah, I know, whats that) I'll have a chance to test the theory out. By the way, i'm not even from Buffalo and have never even come close to pushing 4 ft. of snow, don't think I'd want to try either.

Jason

49 days til Daytona
    5 days til Huskers are national champs

Last edited: Dec 30, 2001