1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Budd Wheel Removal

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by DSLL, Nov 22, 2007.

1. DSLL

DSLL Senior Member

Is there special trick to getting the front Budd wheels off? The truck is a 96 F-350 Dump 4x4 Diesel. I tried the old fashion way of beating the tire with a sledge and that didn't seem to help. Air Hammer Didnt really help either. Are they just rusted on?

Thanks in advance,

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Try undoing the lug nuts:waving:
  3. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

try putting on like 4 or 5 lugs and drive it around the block sometimes it breaks the rust wheel comes off . other times your gunna need to do what have been doing hammering on it good luck anti serize the crap out of it

KATTRANSPORT Senior Member

law on the ground sideways and kick the tire , kick hard , it always works for me
  5. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

BTW juice it up some some pb blaster or something like that too
  6. atgreene

atgreene Junior Member

A lot of the Fords I've seen around here have had to have the rims cut off with a torch. Make sure you neverseize them before you put them back on.
  7. snowpushn420

snowpushn420 Junior Member

Air tire up to 100 or so pounds and beat it with a BFH
  8. DSLL

DSLL Senior Member

Got them off today. Had to heat them up with the torches then hit them with the sledge. Put them back on with a lot of anti seize