1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bud wheels

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Skidder, May 22, 2005.

1. Skidder

Skidder Junior Member

I have a 1990 W250 with a Cummins.I want to remove the box and put a flatbed on it.Is there dual wheels available for that truck?
  2. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

No, not exactly. The 2500 has never has a DRW option- only the 350/3500's. To do it right you need to swap out the rear axle to a DRW model, but then you can only use the DRW rims on the back. JC Whitney has adaptors to put 2 normal rims on the rear of most 3/4 ton trucks. I would not trust them to be as strong as a real DRW setup, but it is an option.

And truithfully, if you're hauling enough weight that you need DRW on the truck you have too small a truck and should look into a 3500 instead. the SRW 250 should haul 12K on single rears, any more than that and you belong in a 350/3500 for capacity.
  3. Skidder

Skidder Junior Member

Thanks for the reply, I will look for a rear diff. out of a 350-3500.If its the same gear ratio I will go that route.If it going to be too much trouble I'll keep the single rear wheels.The truck handles all the loads I haul,the flatdeck I'm building is 7 ft. plus wide so a wider wheel base would look better.
    Thanks Skidder