1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buckets, blades, blowers, or pushers?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by beanz27, Feb 5, 2013.

1. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

So I was thinking about it, and seeing many people use all of these, I'm wondering which is better/faster.

This is SKIDLOADER ONLY, I'm not worried about larger loaders at this point. My boss swears by his 8' snow buckets, yet he has a sub that swears by his blade. As far as you guys are concerned, whats faster/more effiecient across the board? I've only used the buckets quite a bit, aside from that I've used a V plow once in a skid loader. What you guys think?
  2. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

I think its lacking hybrids like HLA snow wings, snow wolfs, KAGE plows, degelmans, metal pless etc.

and just like there are a million different parking lot scenarios, each attachment will excel in a different area
  3. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

4. bigz64

bigz64 Junior Member

i haul a pusher and a snow bucket together. i would prefer a hybrid unit plow/pusher unit and a snow bucket for scraping and piling snow high. i like the pusher the most my operators like the bucket better... so go figure

i run 7' snow buckets as i can get greater down pressure to scrape to the pavement/conrete
  5. Brad3403

Brad3403 Senior Member
    from Alberta

I've tried containment plows...didn't care for them at all.
    I've tried 108" snow buckets...it worked fairly well.
    I've tried a v-plow...it worked fairly well.
    My preferred is a straight blade with wings (gotta have wings).
  6. R75419

R75419 Senior Member

just like Alldayrj said! It all depends on the property.:dizzy:
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2013