1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bucket seats

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by slvrado003, Jan 31, 2001.

1. slvrado003

slvrado003 Junior Member

Hello, I have a 1987 chevy silverado pickup that I have recently restored. I am currently looking to purchase bucket seats with center console for it. Wondering if anyone has any suggestions on brands and also websites for myself to research.
    Thanks,
    Jeff

2. STUMP JUMPER

STUMP JUMPER Junior Member

I personally prefer steel horse. Try JCWhitney.com

STUMP JUMPER

3. slvrado003

slvrado003 Junior Member

I was also wondering if some car seats can be transferred over and from what kind of cars. I saw a chevy truck in a car show not too long ago that had seats out of a car...not sure what though. Any ideas???

4. wyldman

wyldman Member

Most any bucket seat will work,you will just have to fabricate seat brackets to mount them.Sometimes you can get universal seat bracketssliders at a tractor supply house.I used a set of porsche buckets in my 87 K3500,but had to make custom mounts to get them to fit.If you can utilize the original sliding tracks off the bucket seats,then you just have to make brackets to mount them.

5. UNCLE BOB

UNCLE BOB Member

I sugest you look in classified adds or junk yards. And you try to find the three piece set out of a similar year blazer.I had a blazer and the seats were great!YOU CAN FIND LOCAL AND MAYBE CHEAPER.

6. lawrence stone

lawrence stone Banned

Good idea Bob.

The seats and that great big console from a K-5 Silverado would been good and cheap.

You can't go wrong when you can get good and cheap in the same sentence.

7. slvrado003

slvrado003 Junior Member

Thanks for the ideas guys. I'll have to start checking some junk yards.