1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bucket Seats

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by pmed79, Oct 14, 2003.

1. pmed79

pmed79 Junior Member

I have recently purchased a 1987 Chevy 3/4 ton 4x4 and want to replace the original bench seat with bucket seats. Does anyone know where I may buy some or what seats will work from another vehicle? What kind of fabricating to I have to do to put the seats in my truck? If anyome could help me out I would appreciate it. Thanks!

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

Find a set of full size Jimmy\Blazer seats,and they will bolt right up.

If you use anything else,you'll have to fab your own mounts

3. TrailK10

TrailK10 Member
    from NH

I would go to www.LMCTruck.com and get a catalog for Blazer and Jimmy they may have some Bucket seat brackets in there I know they don't have them in the Chevy Truck catalog.

4. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

I dont think blazer buckets will exactly bolt up. I dont think there are any holes for the inside legs.

I took a set of buckets outa a camaro and welded em in with some brakets. Lotsa people gave me crap over that though with the "why did you do that hack job? why didnt you bolt em in?" When I said it was much easier to throw some beads down than trying to drill/bolt. I got the "well what if you want to take em out?" Yup....I remove my seats all the time :rolleyes: besideds....I've got a sawsall. And then they would always say what if you want to put them back in? "same way they got there" I really didnt think my logic was that far off but I had atleast 5 people giving me crap about it.

If you do bolt it in there use big washers on both sideds, or weld some plates down. Thin sheetmetal can tear easily and that is bad, especially in a wreck. Also skip the seatbelts in the seat. JMO

My vote is a trip to the bone yard and find what ever you like/think is comfortable

5. wyldman

wyldman Member

If the inner holes aren't there,you will have to drill them,but at least the seats will be the correct height,and level,without any major modifications.

From what I remember though,I'm pretty sure the one or two that I have done had the bolts holes already there.

6. chevy

chevy Member

I've done this. I used a interior from a suburban. You'll need to cut the mounts out of the suburban for the inside seat brakets. This is pretty easy for there spot welded in. Don't forget to get the center console! My seats have arm rest on both sides of each seat, nice. Other than that everything bolts right in. Have fun:cool: