1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bucket or pusher??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by INNOVATIVE55071, Nov 15, 2006.

1. INNOVATIVE55071

INNOVATIVE55071 Junior Member

Please give me some thoughts about using an 8-ft snow bucket, or an 8-ft pro tec pusher. I have an S185, and I need to buy something, just don't know what. Thanks, Tom
  2. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

buy the pro tec it has a rubber cutting edge on it and when u get the box set perfect to the ground it cleans like a windshield wiper. you can still stack piles like like the bucket .. good luck

KCAPXIS Senior Member
    from NE PA.

I don't think a S185 would be able to pick up a 8' bucket full of snow? and a box you would be able to push 2X the amount of snow,
  4. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

I'm all for pusher, but keep in mind, a pusher can not clean right up to curbs like a bucket can. and 8 foot bucket would be to big. 88inch is the largest light material bucket bobcat specs for the s185
  5. Mad Mulcher

Mad Mulcher Member

I have an 84" snow bucket that I used back when I had my 2002 773 and that seemed to be pushing it to the limit on wet, heavy snow. It's not just the weight of the snow itself, it also takes a lot of steel to make a solid bucket that big! Unless you need to load snow into dump trucks, you might be better off using a relatively light weight pusher.
  6. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

8' protech and be done with it.
  7. BobC

BobC Senior Member

Go with the pusher!!! Moves more snow and won't put you thru the glass when bucket catches a crack or seam and stops machine dead!!!! Thrown forward once and you'll buy pusher as soon as dealer opens. I learned this first hand and it was a good lot. Brand new concrete pads in trucking terminal lot.
  8. sbrem

sbrem Member

Go with the pusher. You won't regret it.
  9. INNOVATIVE55071

INNOVATIVE55071 Junior Member

Thanks for the input!!