1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bucket Covers

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by MSS Mow, Jan 22, 2013.

1. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

This should be a little less controversial than the last picture I posted. LOL

I love these bucket covers for 5 gallon buckets used for salt storage. They are about $10 each and screw onto the bucket (once you put on the ring on top of the bucket) and they are water tight and open/close very easily.

bucket cover.jpg
  2. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

:laughing:.......Seriously though, how much does that bucket weigh??

Those look nice! Never seen those before. I put the snap on lids on halfway because you can't get them off.
  3. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good Dean, I use chlorine buckets I get from where I work, they had screw on lids that have a "ratchet" on them so they stay tight.
  4. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

It is within the manufacturer's suggested GBWR (Gross Bucket Weight Rating). :D

I have used the snap on lids too, and like you said, they are tough to get off. One of my commercial customers (a bank) actually provided salt for their walkways and they had they type of covers on their buckets. So I just googled them and found them on eBay for about $10 each.

5. SSS Inc.

SSS Inc. PlowSite Fanatic

I can get those for $5 around here. You got ripped off!!

Just kidding. Looks pretty slick to me.
  6. homebuilt

homebuilt Junior Member

how about a linky ?
  7. Moose's Mowing

Moose's Mowing Senior Member
    from SE PA

don't put cat litter in it or they might walk away
  8. Maine_Train

Maine_Train Senior Member

Those are neat. I have a plastic tool for removing the pry-off lids, but of course I couldn't find the dang thang recently when I needed to open a bucket. The lid had been on only halfway, but apparently something got put on top of it. Maybe my granddaughter sat on it.
    I eventually got it open with some "magic words." :realmad:
  9. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine