1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

BSDeality's Truck...

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by BSDeality, Dec 23, 2006.

1. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

Finally got the plow done, timbrens added (front and rear), reverse lights on a 3-way relay and a power distribution block for my 94 Toyota done.

I bought a mount from ebay earlier in the week, chipped the rust off and painted it with PPG epoxy paint. mounted it on the truck Friday and bought the Fisher 6.8 plow off Jax in Staten Island on Saturday afternoon. Sunday morning we lifted it out of the truck with the engine crane (wish you had one of these jax! :waving:). Set it down and turned the truck around. We wired in the harness in about 20 minutes and had basic functions working. We spent the next night figuring out a wiring harness for the lights. We ended up just making our own relays and harness since it didn't match up what it came off of. The truck sagged pretty hard with the fisher on the front. The back tires had barely any weight on them (without ballast) so I ordered a set of timbrens (front and rear). They finally came in on thursday and I got to install them today. They were incredibly easy to install (other than fighting 13 years of rust on the axle u-bolts in the back). I just torched the ones in the front since it was a replacement. My truck had horrible nose dive under braking (even with brand new shocks). Now it hardly drops while braking. Hanging the plow the truck only sinks about an inch or so and the truck handles it much better.

I also added a 6way power distribution block in the cab. Put it right on the door pillar by the seatbelt. It's 150A fused on 8gauge wire from the battery. Each loop is fused separately.

Added Pilot reverse lights on a 3 way switch/relay. Definitely worth the time to do it this way because my stock lights only get 10V through the stock wires due to corrosion. I can actually see now when I back up.
  2. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

Minute Mount 1 undercarriage:
    Fisher 6.8 LD MM1:
  3. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

looks nice i definetly need a small rig like that
  4. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Looks good. I really like the extra fuse panel for adding accesories. Who makes it or what is it fromt???
  5. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

found it at an Advanced Auto. I believe the cost was about $8 or 9. Defintely makes like easy. my de-icing unit, solenoids, and LED lights will be wired in there too. and its super easy to check/change the fuses in that location.

I'll try to get some shots of it outside next time I have it mounted up
  6. greenscapes inc

greenscapes inc Member
    from utah

I have that exact same truck but with a western plow. I really need timbren for it. Where did you get them and what did they cost?
  7. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

I bought them off Albany Spring in NY. got 'em in about 3 days. I ordered 3 sets since they had the 10% off each kit when you order 2 or more. $155/ea for the Toyota ones. less the discount.
  8. corey1977

corey1977 Member
    from maine

nice looking little rig bsd like that little plow its to bad on new trucks you cant do that any more now fishers things is the home steader not made for commerical plowing:gunsfiring: