1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Brutus, my 05 F-350 was killed today

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Smitty58, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Smitty58

Smitty58 Senior Member

My truck got clobbered by a young man driving another truck. He ran a stop sign and hit me broadside just behind my door. Spun me around several times and I clipped a road sign snapping it right off. Thank God no one was hurt ,but sure scared the crap out of me.
    This is my plow truck (or was) so now just at the start of the season I'm without a truck.
    Check out the pictures ,and please wear that seat belt.

Steve

IMGP0678.jpg

IMGP0681.jpg

IMGP0679.jpg

IMGP0680.jpg

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Wow! Glad to hear you're okay. Too bad the guy who hit you was also okay. Seems like the idiots never get hurt.

You plan on replacing that truck with a new one or are you going to pocket the insurance money?

3. lawnmasters2006

lawnmasters2006 Senior Member

dang:cry:..glad it wasnt in the drivers door...good thing...go get ya a new 07 CHEVY ...lol.....glad u werent hurt

4. 06slvrctd

06slvrctd Member

WOW, glad you are ok from that one. Thank goodness that truck hit the bedside and not the door. If you need anything let me know.

5. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

wow man !!!! thank god no one got hurt for sure . how fast was he going ?

6. KINNCO

KINNCO Senior Member

I'm glad nobody was hurt, but are plowguys the only ones beside news crews that always carry cameras?? rest in peace Brutus,LOL

This is what a caught at 3:am a few nights ago 50yds behind my house. Nobody was hurt

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 26, 2007
  7. Smitty58

Smitty58 Senior Member

Thanks guys, I'll probably get screwed on this deal. If blue book is less than I owe then what? He claims he stopped at the the stop sign and then didn't see me when he pulled ,but what really happened is he blew right through the stop and hit me. I layed on the horn and tried to swurve but wow ,can't believe how quick something like that can happen. So now I need a plow truck.
    Don't tell fernalddude ,I sub for him.

8. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Is that the new extended wheelbase F350 ive been hearing about? just kidding. Glad your alright. its too bad it had to happen so close to snow season. also your lucky you didnt get flipped.

9. Bob's 24 hour

Bob's 24 hour Junior Member

Hold on to you Dawalt tools..........looks like they were the only things saved.

10. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

Your secret is safe with us! Glad to hear your alright. How does your neck feel? Hope you don't start to feel it tomorrow. Hopefuly you can go and buy a nice 08' F-350. Oh yea he must of stoped, it looks like he just tapped you!:dizzy: How fast do you think he was going?

11. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

im sure insurance will take care of you but its not a situation anyone wants to deal with....i hope it all works out

12. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

How does the passenger side look? It might be borderline repairable. From what I see a new front fender, new bed, rear axle and springs, and a little work to the cab corner and door. As long as the frame is not bent, they might want to fix it. Where did your other toolbox land?

13. Smitty58

Smitty58 Senior Member

I just took the other box off 1 week ago so I could see when plowing. I would guess by the road he was going 40 and I was going 50.
    I was thinking about putting a flatbed on it. Right now I'm thinking just buy something cheap that will plow.

14. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

I SEE YOU Glad you ok But bet you will be sore give ya a call later got some running to do for about a hour...

15. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

depending on what your insurance contract says you might get screwed if they total it. i think the correct term is gap insurance, so if you total a vehicle you owe money on they wipe that dept out, so you do not continue to pay on it.

16. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

No, I think that was the new 4-wheel steering model like GM! Glad you're ok

17. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

ouch glad to see nobody got hurt. when u get out of something like that u go thank god that wasnt a honda. ya the idiots always live. what do they say ignorance is bliss

18. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

Smitty, keep track of lost work time which is lost money. Make notes of the accident and the time after it. I guess the kid that hit you had insurance. When you talk to some one from the insurance company get a business card or a name and the time you talked to them. Make notes about the conversation. You should get a rental truck so you can keep working.The insurance company is going to try to settle with you quick so they can get it off the books.
    A lady backed into the door of my company truck, the insurance company told me to get two estimates which I did and I had a check in two days. I could still use the door of the truck. Went to a junk yard got a door and fixed it my self. I just got the impression that the insurance company want to settle real quick since it was a company truck.

Steve

19. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

OH MY GOD!!!!!!

wow. Glad your okay. That kid must have had to blow through because i dont think from a stop, that would happen. If that guy hit you about 2 feet to the left, bye bye.

20. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Glad your OK. That looks like one heck of a hit.