1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by BigJoeC, Jun 25, 2010.

1. BigJoeC

BigJoeC Member

Has anyone seen the AEV Brute? That thing is sweet!!! I bet it would plow really nice too! It was on Dangerous Drives on Speed channel.
    Here's the link to the site:
  2. LEVE

LEVE Member

I saw one a couple of years ago at an OR Park in Indiana. It was pretty neat. I'd love to have one.
  3. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Its basically a stretched Rubicon... so Id say it would plow like a Rubicon except not as maneuverable. So Id rather have the Rubicon.
  4. BigJoeC

BigJoeC Member

Ya good point
  5. 89MJComanche

89MJComanche Member

Again you guys crack me up...

Spend $9000 to buy the conversion... Spend at least $6000 to buy the TJ base vehicle... and Spend another $6000/$7000 to get a full service body shop to build it...

Now you got $22,000 something at the very least into a plow truck, not to mention the LIFT you need, the fact that a used RUBICON (the vehicle I'd use to build one will cost you at least $10,000 more) New Tires... YADA YADA YADA

To do this conversion and then plow snow with it is utterly foolish, and if you need a "RUBICON" and it's lockers to plow, sounds to me like you need to get rid of your cheap plastic plow and get a heavy steel plow.

I run Open DIFF XJ Cherokee's, and if needed (for the one Jeep that I use in the mountains near the ski resorts for driveways I got a WELDED SOLID FORD EXPLORER 8.8 Rear) I'd never ever ever ever plow with a locked front. You would break that so fast if you are again.... plowing like you are trying to get something done.

I actually like spinning my tires just a little, it seams to plow better and keep from breaking jamming stuff....

I'll take my open DIFF XJ's over your $30,000 BRUTE CONVERSION or RUBICON any day... Hell I could build 15 plow trucks for that price!!