1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Brush Guard with plow mounted

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by vegaman04, Oct 6, 2008.

1. vegaman04

vegaman04 Senior Member

For some reason i recall someone saying it was almost impossible to mount a plow with a guard on the truck! We'll i did it, sorry about the wiring, ive been waiting over a year to finally play with this thing. :nod:

840A0198.jpg

840A0197.jpg

2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Comming along nicely.

Is that a standard duty plow?

3. vegaman04

vegaman04 Senior Member

Thanks, and yep, standard duty. I bought it before i knew anything about plows. The chain has got some pretty good amount of tension, it doesn't continue to drop after the plow hits, is this right?

4. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Mine does the same. If you put it in float it still stays tight but if you find a dip the blade will drop into it and then come back out when your tires go into it. I thought something was wrong at first also.

Edit, does anyone else see a red X for my sig?

Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
  5. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

Ahh yes. Another fluid film user. I'm still waiting for my free can!

6. vegaman04

vegaman04 Senior Member

I figured the plow hasn't been moved in a year, so before playing with it, i'd lube it up some more.

I dont see a red X.....

7. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Nice Plow...

what do you plan to do with that wireing mess

8. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Hmm, it works again. I saw a red X for about 20 minutes.

9. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

chain looks too tight for some reason. When the piston is all the way collapsed there should be some play to let the plow float yours would stay in the air if you went over a crest or a dip.
    -Eric

10. dieselpusher

dieselpusher Senior Member

looks like ur chain placement is off. ur piston is all the way down as well as the plow. jack the plow up and remove the chain tap the joystick up and make it about an inch of so off the base and then hook the chain that way you have more play with it in dips and float

11. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I didn't pay that much attention but yes, his chain is to tight. He should have some slack in there at that point.

12. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

and another spring wont hurt.

looks nice

13. afinepoint

afinepoint Junior Member
    from East

What about a Westin Bull Bar on an F350? Does that have to be removed to mount a plow?

Reg

14. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

lift up the plow with a jack and move the chain to the last link but i think you might need a longer chain. never had my ram compress that far on my western. always had about an inch of ram showing when it was down. also gonna want a little play so you can rock that thing forward when you go to take it off, makes it a million times easier to mount and dismount with that extra play in the cylinder when you can push the ram down when unmounting.

15. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

(Pssht, this thread's over a year old)

16. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

Ha made me look like a moron thanx lol. Gotta keep an eye on those things