1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Brrrr....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Pelican, Jan 18, 2003.

1. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Got up this morning, it was 12 below zero F. We're not accustomed to this temp. It's still only -3 at 9:30, hope the machines will start!

2. fordman

fordman Senior Member

I know the fealing. Yesterday it was almost -20 celcius that's around 0 farenheit. We're not used to those kinds of temperatures either. My truck wasn't very happy about it either.:mad:

3. wyldman

wyldman Member

I heard were gonna hit -26 C here next week.-40 degree windchills.That's gonna be cold.

Fordman,gotta get that Cummins plugged in,she'll be a lot happier

4. fordman

fordman Senior Member

Tell me about it. When I realized how cold it was yesterday I ran outside in my pyjamas with an extension cord.:D

5. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

saw -4 on the thermometer in the truck this morning. sure was cold. its warmed up to a whopping 8 degrees farenheight. time to get the shorts out.

6. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

We're at 0 now, got everything started. These modern diesels sure start a lot easier than the old stuff! No ether required for anything, they groaned a little, but started.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2003
  7. DYNA PLOW

DYNA PLOW Senior Member

it was bout 6 this morning, got 1/2 " light snow so i had to go out and salt.
    my cummins sits in the shop plugged in so i got instant heat.
    for shur the equip. won't wear out this year!!
    told the wife last week that i'm sellin everything next year....
    she said Y A RIGHT your hooked for life. once again she is right.
    dan

8. BRIMOW525

BRIMOW525 Senior Member

Dang cold down here too. 7 above 7am . -1 with wind chill. But of course ... no precip!

9. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

10:45 a.m. here in Wallingford, Ct. and only 6 degrees think I'll stay in today.

10. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Sure looks like a Three Dog Night....

or maybe even a Three Dog couple of weeks.

:eek: :eek:

STAMFORD, CT

Currently at 10:51 AM
    SUNNY Winds N at 6 mph.
    Temp: 7° F / RF 3° F. RF Shade: -1° F.

Its been a long time since its been this cold here...

Maybe we won't have such a deer tick problem this summer!

11. DanG

DanG Senior Member

They're still reporting it below zero here.
    Around 3 below at the airport at 11am.
    Don't know how cold it got over night thou.

Have to run out and do sign up for little league this morning . wish it was warmer.
    Dan

12. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

it was -5 here last night,my snowmobil started right up fine:D .The Dodge is in the garage where its about 45-50 degrees:) .

13. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Thursday at 6:00AM - minus 18F
    Today at 6:00AM - minus 11F
    Now (11:17AM) - 0 F

New furnace is struggling even with the wood stove in the basement fired up.

14. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

Here in subtropical Pittsburgh it got down to 3 overnight, but it's heated back up to a sweltering 12 now...

15. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Fordman,your neighbor said you were running around outside swinging something in your hand,i think he has a dirty mind though:D

16. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

John, what kind of snowmobile do you have? What size is it too? I used to ride snowmobiles alot years ago when we owned a few older Yamahas. We had 2 Bravo 250s, one was a 1982, one was a 1984, and we had an Enticer 300 from 1983. The Enticer was a twin cylinder and it was pretty fast for back then. They were all bought new and man did we ride the crap out of those things!!! Mike :)

17. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Mike , iahve an old 93 Artic cat Wildcat 700 i bought new,I love that sled stil.I have a 97 Vmax TXC600,my daughter and wife ride,I have a 90 Polaris star 340twin with electric start,perfect for my son,an 85 polaris star 250 for the yard,and an 81 Yamaha enticer 340.On weekends my kids ride day and night,constantly unti lthey run out of gas.They never tire of riding around the house.

18. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Nice, sounds like you guys have alot of fun!! We used to have so much fun riding nonstop. Id be frozen in position riding out there, my parents would come get me and tell me to come in, you were out long enough. I was like no, Im not done yet!! They were like arent you cold?? Im like nahhh, meanwhile Im frozen!! I was at my local Yamaha shop the other day looking at the new Yamaha snowmobiles and there is one that made my mouth hang open and drool some. Its a 2003 Yamaha RX-1. Its got the R1 streetbike motor in it and supposedly can go well over 100MPH. The sled is absolutely beautiful and why shouldnt it be for close to $9k?? Mike :drinkup:

19. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

Its a balmy 22 here at 1045... Supposed to get in the -20 to -30 in the next few days at night.

I was actually supprised the truck thermometer goes down to -32 (Lowest temps last season) Couldn't start anything if it wasn't plugged in.
    Howard

20. OffRoadPlow

OffRoadPlow Senior Member

Sorry I did not see this thread earlier, I was out cutting the green in this wonderful 19 degree weather... JK.. :D Gets down to around 0 at night and sometimes below that with the chill. I used to have some sleds, not in a while though, anyway they would be sitting like the plow is so I guess I am not missing out as of now... :drinkup: Stay warm.