1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Brown & Grey Wires

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by AEI, Nov 1, 2009.

1. AEI

AEI Member

Hey guys.. I'm new on this board but a long time user on Lawnsite. Cant get much help there on plows so here I am here. Anyways.... I'm trying to figure out what the brown & grey wires are for on the older 2 plug uni mount. Once the harness is routed I have 2 snipped wires on the drivers side headlamp aera remaining. Any idea what they are for. Everything else is routed and in place so far.

This entire setup was on my older 99 PSD f250 SD and now its going on my 2000 PSD SD.

Also does it really matter to have the power steering cooler relocated vs its exsisting factory location? Only reason I could gather for it to be relocated would be for air flow. Just was curious.

Edit..
    Thanks for any help you can give

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  2. timboy

timboy Member
    from Ny

Parking light and turn signal.

3. AEI

AEI Member

Thanks tim!!

Also I'm having a hard time figuring out what fuse or wire to use for the red wire thats for the in cab controller?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  4. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

I'd use the fuse that controls the raido.

5. timboy

timboy Member
    from Ny

Check the owners manual if you have it look for a 10 amp fuse under the steering column cover called customer accessory if your truck is equipped it will be fuse number 29 I believe but check the book.
    On some year super duties there is also a keyed wire to the right of the column hanging near the metal support structure.