1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Brought my new BOSS home today!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by homey1, Nov 23, 2004.

1. homey1

homey1 Member

:redbounce purplebou :bluebounc

plow21.jpg

plow22.jpg

plow23.jpg

2. johntwist

johntwist Senior Member

That looks awful familiar, Nice looking setup, good luck with it. Now if it would just snow!

3. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Great looking truck and plow! :redbounce
    You will love the Boss. :nod:

4. willwynne

willwynne Junior Member

Nice setup

I have the same truck. Looking at a Boss plow. What is your Front GAWR? Mine is rated at 4000lb. , which no technicians had ever heard of being so low on a super duty. Just wondering if they may have printed the label wrong.

Thanks,

Will

5. homey1

homey1 Member

Well, its dark and rainy and windy out now, so I'm not going outside, but I'll check in the morning. In any case, when I raise the plow, the truck only drops an inch or so. The Boss is very heavy compared to my old 7.5 Fisher that was on a '89 Bronco. The F250 drives heavy when the Boss is on it. Its a feeling I'm getting used to. This blade digs alot more than the Fisher....can't wait til the ground freezes!!

6. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

I bought a 8 ft Boss Superduty in 1997. I used it until last feb. They are a really tough plow. I run mine real hard and never had any mech. or hyd. failures. I did crack the A frame welds twice. I had Pro Wings on mine. I traded it off for a Blizzard 810. I will see how it holds up.

7. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

A new plow is like a new truck or car, nice to have in the driveway sometimes! :waving: