1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Brooms

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CT18fireman, Mar 15, 2001.

1. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Has anyone used a broom like meyer sells? I realize they would not clean perfectly. Wonder if they would help take some sand away making it easier on the skid sweeper and blowers. In the end sweeping with a broom might prevent some dust blow up? Any ideas here?

2. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

I have a Broomer, which takes the place of my blade on my SnoWay. Surprisingly enough, it works fairly well. Sometime you have to make several passes, but it gets the job done.

That's the only thing I have right now to do sweeping with, so I make do. I'd like to get a Schwarze or Tymco soon, just to speed up the process and get bigger accounts though. With the Broomer, the only bad thing is that you have to shovel all the debris into a dumpster by hand when you're done.

-Tim

3. 99SDPSD

99SDPSD Senior Member

My friend that I work with on job has one for his Western. Says it works well.

4. Doc L.

Doc L. Member

Sweeper on eBay

Slim, I know you're looking for a sweeper and I ran across one on eBay for you to check out. It's fully self contained and in Minnesota for a "buy now" price of $2500. I don't know that much about these things although it looks like a better idea than risking the homestead while you get your feet wet. Just type in "sweeper". It's currently listed at around $1200. Doc

5. SlimJim Z71

Thanks Doc, I appreciate the tip. There were actually a few of em on there. Although, the Elgin Pelican looked like it was in pretty rough shape.

-Tim

6. Bryan

Bryan Senior Member

Has Anyone ever used the AA-Tach

Just wondering if anyone has ever used the AA-Tach sweeping system. If you haven't seen it, it is at www.aatach.com, it look interesting, just wondering how well they work.

7. SlimJim Z71

I got some info on them. The only thing I don't like about that set-up is that there are no curb brooms. Otherwise, it doesn't look too bad...

-Tim