1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Broncoii 4x4

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by koko1485, Jan 13, 2009.

1. koko1485

koko1485 Junior Member
    from Indiana

1986 Bronco II 4x4 2.9L v-6 AT, runs good 4x4 works good not all rusted out ,has a cracked windshield, NEEDS A TRANSMISSION , one of my sons freind bought this started to fix it up and the transmission quit working, no job,no money so he wants to sell it.....
    $500.00 has clear title.. or he would trade for about any running vehicle..
    email me- leanne@comteck.com
    or call-765-506-4417

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  2. bigmudder77

bigmudder77 Senior Member
    from wooster

ya these auto tranny were junk in these and the front end u joints if you put a lift or plow on them i had 3 of these one 5 speed liked it but it was a mud truck and i couldnt go up the hills like i wanted to with out it stalling out or buring out so i got an auto and over drive blew out of it so turned that in a mud truck made it up the hills good and on top lots of cars then the front axle is messed up i think its bent

then i got my last one and the tranny takes for ever to go in reverse and in gear and some times you will drive and it slips out and your rpms go way up and then it kicks in

so ya out of my 2 auto bronco IIs the trannys work but are about to blow