1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bronco?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by weasel11, Dec 8, 2008.

1. weasel11

weasel11 Member
    from 5

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone uses a full size Bronco to plow with? Are they anygood for this? We only get about 6" if it does snow. I'll ask more if I get any feedback.

2. MnDLawn

MnDLawn Senior Member

Broncos are nice because you get the front end strength of a 1/2 ton pickup with a compact pickup wheel base. We use 2 F-150's which have the same front end, never any problems. We use Western Poly Pro's.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  3. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Broncos work great IMO.

4. weasel11

weasel11 Member
    from 5

Thanks guys now what would you go with as far as a plow? Front and rear plow? Spreader or not? Just small accts nothing crazy and no stacking involved. I have a Meyer 7ft or Snowsport in my mind the Snowsport would be less exp. and easy to install, but would it do a good job.Any info is helpful

5. MnDLawn

MnDLawn Senior Member

How many accounts are you looking at plowing?

6. mmtwin

mmtwin Member

I used to run two full size blazers. Same size truck. One had 7 1/2 fisher the other carried 8' fisher. The only problem I had with 8' footer was truck temp running high between accounts. I would go with any 7 1/2 pick your company. I always run fishers. Any hitch salter would be great. Probably nothing more than a 600# hopper. Thats my 2 cents

7. weasel11

weasel11 Member
    from 5

With the Bronco only about 7 small accts.

8. weasel11

weasel11 Member
    from 5

was it running high because the weight or was the blade blocking air

9. JBFab

JBFab Junior Member

That's what my dad and I used for plowing until the bronco died (still plan to resurrect it) He had a 7'-6" Western uni-mount on it, that combination could outplow anything in the neighborhood, in my opinion a Bronco w/plow will outdo a pickup any day. The only thing we did was put heavier springs in the front. The other problem was blocking air to the radiator, this just took a little getting used to setting the plow right before you took off down the road.

10. mmtwin

mmtwin Member

Taller moldboard on 8' was blocking air flow to engine. Cooled down once blade was down.