1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bronco

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by nymustang50, Nov 16, 2010.

1. nymustang50

nymustang50 Senior Member

Now the time is here.. ok I'm getting my plow truck ready and what I use as a plow truck is my ford bronco which has been in my family for some time and I'm getting it ready for this years snow. Now this truck is a full time plow truck.. I dont use it as a daily driver all its purpose is for plowing so I'm trying to decide while Im doing work to it to add Timbren's or air bags to the front. The only times I drive it is if its snowing or one of my other cars or family members cars break down a need something to get them back and forth to work so ride quality isn't much important but functionality is. So what does everyone recommend Timbrens or Air Bags?

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

timbrens is the way to go..or a leveling kit

3. Grass Master

Grass Master Banned

We run five broncos, one has a 7-6 v plow. All have air bags, and they all leak. :cry: If I were doing it over again I'd try to find a coil spring with a higher rate for the front.

4. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

5. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

I did the heavy duty coil springs with air bags on a 95 f150 the heavy duty coils springs were enough, did not really need the air bags at all

6. nymustang50

What heavy duty coils did you go with?

7. bronco91

bronco91 Senior Member
    from wyckoff

I have a 91 bronco with a curtis sno-pro 3000 on it. I went with ford f250 2wd coil spring. And air bags and it is great. Just make sure if u go this way that u get the air bags for a f250 not a bronco big differst that was my mistake.

8. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

I haven't tried them, but the airbags seem like an extra, unnecessary expense when the srpings alone will more than hold the plow. The springs can be found brand new for under $100, pop out the old ones and slap the new ones in and you're done.

9. nymustang50

Anyone ever use these or hear of these? Found them on rockauto.com

ROCKWELL Part # RV824HD Front; Extra Heavy Duty; Variable Rate; (1000lb Per Pair More Than Stock)

And they are under the bronco when you pick a car..

And if I went with the moog f250 springs what ones do I get the CC844 or CC844S?

10. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

I used the CC844S springs in the white Bronco in the thread I linked to above. They really didn't move at all when I lifted the plow (7.5' Western Pro) and rode fine as far as I was concerned. I used the CC844 springs in the Green bronco in that thread and they seem a little softer. You'll be fine either way.

11. nymustang50

Do I have to raise the back of the truck now after doing those spring swaps also was there anything else I have to do for getting it alignment when I swap those in? and How did the green bronco take the plow with those cc844 springs?

12. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

The cc844 springs hold the plow really well. The truck drops a tiny bit, which is a tiny bit more than it did with the severe duty coils on the white Bronco. The front might sit a little higher than the rear, but like yours, mine isn't a daily driver and sits fine with the plow, so it works for me and I haven't touched the back. I usually carry around 500lbs in the back and still no problems or modifications to the rear. I didn't align either one and it hasn't been an issue. Just do it, you'll be happy with the results.

13. nymustang50

I dont know what one to get...

14. L.I.Mike

L.I.Mike Senior Member

Let me know what you pick. I need to do the same thing.

15. nymustang50

timbrens aren't enough?

16. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Get the cc844 and you'll be happy. There, I just made the decision :)

Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
  17. nymustang50

Sounds good to me..

18. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

How do the Bronco's do plowing? Break any drive train or suspension parts? My truck has been retired. I looking for another vehicle for a plow truck. My present F-250, I am told is way too nice to be a plow truck!

19. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

I like em...

20. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I plowed with a Bronco II with a 6 foot Meyer for many years. I loved the size of the vehicle. I never met a drive I could not do. Small parking lots were easy money! It was made for condo's. But, It broke parts on the drive train a couple of times a season.