1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bronco w/ push plate trouble

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by John Burne, Jan 28, 2012.

1. John Burne

John Burne Junior Member

I'm new to this site. Posted in a few places last night. Briefly: I bought used Fisher push plates for a MM. I first went to a local dealer who copied a diagram for me showing part # 7126. Diagram match the used parts so I bought them. Got the truck up on a lift, dropped the bumper and sway bar, and they don't seem to fit right. Fisher tech said I need different plates #7126-B. Tried to order the part, approx 570.00 and NAPA / Fisher dealer later said he couldn't order the B plates. I started reading on this site and others and see that 7126B seems to have replaced 7126, but I see no difference in the diagrams. So, what is the difference and why is it so hard to get answers regarding Broncos and Fisher??
    I need to deide soon if I am returning these plates or cutting and welding. Thanks, John
  2. John Burne

John Burne Junior Member

Bronco push plate troubles

Update: I gave up. Before I started getting too frustrated with it all, I returned the push plates and cancelled the deal on the plow. There was no way I was going to have any confidence in the sloppy manner in which these thing fit. Thanks any ways, I will either try a different brand of plow or get a separate plow truck. - John