1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bronco Surges

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by long0, Dec 26, 2002.

1. long0

long0 Senior Member

I completed the engine swap in my 79 Bronco a couple of weeks ago. Yesterday, i went out to clean up the snow that had slid off the garage, and noticed that when applying very little throttle, the engine surges like it's not getting enough fuel. Everything is fine when idling, or under a heavy load. Fuel pump, cap, rotor, coil ect. was changed when the new motor went in. I put on a new 600cfm Eldebrock (spelling) carb when replacing the motor, and I am thinking that I might not have the carb adjusted correctly. Does anybody have anyother ideas, or any place I might be able to find some detailed instructions on adjusting the carb.
    Thanks
    Andy

2. jbutch83

jbutch83 Senior Member

Andy,

Try www.projectbronco.com. They can tell you everything that you need to know about 78-79 Bronco's, and the 351M.

John