1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bronco Plowing

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Dodgeguy4x4, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Dodgeguy4x4

Dodgeguy4x4 Junior Member

Hey Everyone I was wondering I just got a 1988 Ford Bronco With a rebuilt 351w and a newer 3-speed c6 trans I was wonder if thats a good setup for a 7'-6" western and if anyone plows with a Bronco Like this and how It well it works for them. Thanks

~Dane~

2. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

3. Ice Scream

Ice Scream Member

They work good, just add some timbrens or airbags to the front. Make sure you have a good trans cooler on it. Otherwise for plowing it should work good.

4. snatchal

snatchal Member

I miss my Bronco

Back in 1983 I bought a 78 full sized bronco. (it had a straight front axle:D )
    I put an 8 foot western pro-plow on it. I built 2 foot wings for each side.(no one had ever seen wings around here at that point) I went to the Ford garage and ordered the heaviest set of front coil springs made for a full size ford.
    Put a set of leaf springs on the back off of a 3/4 ton van. Kept about 500 pounds of ballast in the back. That thing was great for plowing. I could turn in small areas with the short wheel base. The only problem was it ate up a lot of U-joints.

5. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

I had a 79 Bronco with a 7'6" Western. No timbrens or bags. Didn't have ballast either. Was my first year plowing and my first plow truck. That truck was AWESOME!!! That thing would turn around in a phone booth! :nod: I highly recommend them.

Sold it only because I got a screaming deal on an 88 F150 that I plowed with for 6 years. Yup, a 1/2 ton for 6 years. And that includes the blizzard of 1999 when we got 21" of snow in one night.