1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bronco Plow ?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by skeloo, Feb 9, 2001.

1. skeloo

skeloo Junior Member
    from Toronto

Has anybody used a full size ford bronco plowing snow, how did you find it , any problems, or opinions on it.
    My truck has a 5.0 , auto with od and push button 4x4 . I have replaced the auto hubs with Warn manual hubs. I haven't bought a plow yet any suggestions which brand to go with. Thanks... Skeloo
  2. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Full size Bronco is a great plowing machine (at least the older ones were).

As for plow - which ever dealer near you that has the best reputation for service and parts is the one to use.
  3. wyldman

wyldman Member

Used to have an 97,5.0L,with an 8 FT diamond,and i loved it.Watch that push button 4X4,sometimes they never seem to work when you need it.
  4. Wilburn Parks

Wilburn Parks PlowSite.com Veteran

I have a 78 Bronco I just use for back-up. The reason I liked it was the turning radius. I do smaller lots and you can turn them around on a dime because of the short wheelbase. Never had to much mech. trouble either.
  5. allabout

allabout Member

had a 92 it was great for tight lot w/lot of turn arounds I miss that truck.
  6. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Mentor, Angel
    from Chicago

I had a 72, a 73, a 75, a 77, and a 79 and they were all great plowing trucks. I would love to have any one of them back.
  7. Black Ice Guru

Black Ice Guru Junior Member

I have a 84 power wagon with a 7 and a half foot meyer just about the same as a bronco. this is a great plow truck for small up to medium lots.turns great i took the salter of kind of a pain to carry salt and its hard on the truck to push large heavy amounts of snow(over 12in)i will have a short bronco style plowing for me from now on
  8. skeloo

skeloo Junior Member
    from Toronto

I want to thank everyone who responded to my thread.I'm going to plow with my Bronco after all. I think i will go with a western plow,I was told a Fisher would be to heavy for my Bronco. Thanks again"
  9. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

I know this wasnt brought up before, but you have a very light front axel on that bronco. You will definately need some sort of front load boosters or air bags. Also a 7' or 7.5 at the most would be able to be installed. If you go western do not get the pro plow, that will be to much weight. A snow way would be a much better choice.
  10. JML

JML PlowSite.com Veteran

i agree about the push button 4wd. i had that on my 96 eddie bauer. i never plowed with it and it stopped working after about three years, i would never get another car with that push button garbage again. my cousin has the same problem with his expedition too..
  11. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

Around here all I see is 7.5 rd fishers on the bronco,s and there is even 2 bronco's with diamonds on them.So I see no harm in a 7.5 western pro. I do agree,load boosters is a must for them.
  12. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

That may be true on the older broncos, but by the mid 90's they really lightened the front ends. Seeing that he has the push button 4 wd, he must be in the mid 90's for a mdel year, so I would have serious concerns with the front end, seeing as how it will have about 6-10 yrs of driving on it by now.