1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bronco mount

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by kdhuck, Aug 10, 2005.

1. kdhuck

kdhuck Junior Member

I am putting a boss v-plow on 78 bronco need to rebuild mount has anyone ever done this maybe some pictures would be nice.

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

That's a heavy plow for that truck I do believe!
    Go to the Boss site and see if you can get an install guide. Maybe it has pictures and spec's on the weight and what it will mount on.
    Good luck!

3. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

You'll have to put Alot of ballast in the back!

4. MickiRig1

Yep, Timbrens and a tow truck following you when it dies of old age!

5. kdhuck

kdhuck Junior Member

Ballast I can see a problem but the axle and timbrens should handle the weight. They put them on 1/2 tons and its the same frame and axle.

6. VDOG053

VDOG053 Junior Member
    from ri

i'm looking for pushplates and pushbeam for 91 to 94 ford ranger with conventional blade

7. MickiRig1

I have a whole setup that fits an 84 Ranger / Bronco II wander if it fits yours?
    Too Bad I am in Ohio.

8. ZealYouthGuy

ZealYouthGuy Junior Member

Tell me about your whole setup... I am in ohio too and have a ranger... hmmm. Is it cheap?

9. MickiRig1

I just sold it a Month ago $500. It was the standard Meyer mount with a 6 foot angle iron frame plow. Not the 2 meter light duty. If your going to use your truck to plow you have to upgrade Tran's cooling and charging, both are rather wimpy on the Bronco II and Ranger's. Keep an eye on your front axle u-joints,they tend to break them taking the shaft out too.

10. ZealYouthGuy

ZealYouthGuy Junior Member

I have both a 250 with a plow and a 350 with a plow. I thought the ranger might be nice in the small driveways.

11. MickiRig1

A Bronco II is even better. It's short and you can turn around and come out the longer drives. I had many that took me 45 - 60 seconds to do. The guys with big trucks loved to see me show up to do the drives.
    Like I said you have to set it up right or your always running the edge on battery power.