1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bronco II / Ranger Question

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by fazang, Nov 7, 2006.

1. fazang

fazang Junior Member

tried the search and wasn't gettin good results.

my rig is in my sig. I don't care what happens to the truck, it's got over 200K on it.

wanted to know if snoway was the only company with website that showed for sure they sell plow that fits my truck.

ALSO from my sig is the truck too tall to get the plow to touch the ground...?

i have 24" tires to put the door jam at 27" from the ground.

thanx for any info you may have.

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I used to plow with a Bronco II. It had an old Meyer standard 6 footer on it. Most other guys have a Meyer 2 meter light duty. My truck had no suspension lift on it and ran 70's wide snow tires. If your truck has a lift kit on it you may not be able to find a "New" plow for it. Try some "used" dealers around. If they are good enough fabricators they can modify a S- 10 mount to fit too .The A frame of the plow must be level with the ground to get the correct angle of attack on the blade.The wrong angle it can get real ugly.
    If your going to plow the truck expect to break parts. The front axle shaft u-joints tend to break which usually takes out the shaft too. You have to upgrade the charging system on the trucks too. They came with a 60 amp system, way too few reserve for plowing demands even with a huge battery. If it's an auto it needs a towing trans cooler installed.
  3. fazang

fazang Junior Member