1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bronco Ballist

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Chuckels, Dec 6, 2002.

1. Chuckels

Chuckels Junior Member

If anyone is using a Bronco to plow how much weight are you putting in it and what are you using for weight:confused:
  2. stslawncare

stslawncare Senior Member

can use cinder blocks or bags of sand, might even be able to get weights
  3. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

You should have approx. 400 lbs secured over the rear axle. Use whatever means of weight you feel safe and secure. P.S, it makes a big difference!! good luck PT.:waving:
  4. Bucky Badger

Bucky Badger Junior Member

I had an '83 Bronco I used for plowing a couple years ago....around 400 lbs. of sand did the trick....

Good luck!
  5. nicksb2

nicksb2 Junior Member

I use an '89 Bronco II 2WD and put about 1000 Lbs. in the rear and plows pretty good.:cool:
  6. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

1000 pounds seems like a lot for a 2wd bronco II.
  7. long0

long0 Senior Member

I run about 300lbs in my '79 bronco by means of hardened bags of concrete. Easy to move by yourself, and usually free from a lumber yard after a summer storm.

8. wyldman

wyldman Member

We usually run between 800-1000 lbs in the back of our Jimmy\Blazers,and they plow like a tank.

Make sure you have whatever you use WELL restrained,as you have no box or cab wall to protect you if it comes flying forward.
  9. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

if I am salting also I will have anywhere from 1000-2500 # of salt but 4-6 50#'s seems real comfy. I wouldnt reccoment shoving a full pallet in the back unless you did the f-250 spring swap like I did