1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bronco balast

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by captbo, Jan 6, 2010.

1. captbo

captbo Senior Member

having hung an 8' western pro off thebow of my Bronco it has my stern abit up in the wind, can any of you tell me what type of material are you using and how much seem to bring the rear down to were it will help with traction

2. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

I would put 5-600lbs of sand bags up against the tailgate and be on my way. Worked great for me. I also used the "exteme duty" Moog coils for a 2wd F250 diesel. It ended up sitting higher in the front with the plow lifted, but I still put the sand in the back. Good luck.

3. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

I have 600 lbs of sand bags and 320 lbs of ice melt. I don't think you'll need quite that much. You should plan to strap the bags of material down somehow so they arent shifting all over on you. Make sure they are ALL the way in the WAY back.

4. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

I have 6 steel plates they weight 150 each.

I would say try 500 if bronco not sag bad.

My Bronco have about 750 pounds in back it not sag just noticeably. Engine and parts is there that why.

5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

get some timbrens for the front and add about 600lbs to the rear.