1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bronco 2s for plowing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mud_man93, May 7, 2002.

1. mud_man93

mud_man93 Member
    from maine

does any one have any experience with a bronco 2 for plowing
  2. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

Yes we run a 1987 Bronco II with a V-6 and an automatic, a 6.6 standard Western Unimount, along with a 72" Daniels Pull Plow. The only thing that we have done to the truck to get it ready for plowing was to add Timbren load boosters and install a stainless steel flex fan to keep the temp down when plowing. The tires have been upgraded to LT235/75 R15's to handle the extra loads It has been an excellent choice for us for doing residential driveways.

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

:) Hey Mud Man. I have an 88 Bronco II with a 6' Meyer. The truck was great until some jerk totaled it by blasting me in the a**. I have a few tight circular drives that with the F-150 was tough. My own driveway has a tight turn that the F-150 with the Fisher hung is a rough one. The Bronco II went anywhere. I had the compact spare in the truck so I didn't have a tire hanging off the tailgate to hinder me backing up. I had Firestone Wilderness tires untill the recall and then an off brand that was a little less aggressive. I had no problems but you got to watch the tranny doesn't overheat. My truck actually had all the goodies to equal a plow package. I modified the trans and it worked great. I have an S10 now with a Meyer. I'm a Ford man and I don't really like the Blazer. I may sell it this fall. my BRONCO GOT BLASTED 2-2001 and I still have not gotten paid! I took them to court but the insurance companies lawyers are j***ing me around. I go back in June but I need help! Anybody out there that could help me?

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

Attached is the Bronco awaiting disposition with the Blazer's blade if front.

bronco ii.jpg
  5. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

i htink its about time to repaint that plow

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

The rusty blade is the blade that came on the Blazer. The blade on the Bronco (is hidden) is near mint. I don't know if the insurance company plans to take the Bronco if they ever settle. If so I will send the rusty blade with the Bronco and keep the good one for the Blazer.
  7. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

why are they taking the bronc

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

My guess would be that they totaled the Bronco. When a car is totaled the insurance company pays you the full amount (for what they consider its worth) and they now own the vehicle. If you want to keep it you have to do a "buy back", usually just means you take less money for the vehicle.
  9. Rob

Rob PlowSite.com Veteran

AND they mark your title "salvaged" meaning you won't get paid if it gets wrecked again. At least that's what they told me when they wanted to total out one of my cars.

-- As a side note, my story was ridiculous. It was my old bomber car, had minor damage after getting hit from behind, $501.01 was the body shop estimate. They told me car was worth 700, but had some rust etc. so was only worth 350, therefore I take 350 and they take car. To make the long story short, I told them that the estimate only took into account the damage from this accident (and body shop backed me up on that) and that I didn't want their 350, I wanted them to take that money and find me comparable transportation for that amount. Bottom line, they told me they'd give me $500 and I keep the car (no salvage). I took that. Not bad, cost me $1.01.