1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bronco 250?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by 86burban, Nov 19, 2004.

1. 86burban

86burban Senior Member
    from chicago

Hi,

Ive got an 83 bronco that I have been tooling around town in. I have an 84 F250 HD that I bought but realized the cab is rusted too bad to fix or drive. Ive been tooling around with the Idea of tossing the F250's suspension under the bronco. The truck had a diesel in it, so the axles are beefy. How involved of a project is this to do? I think the front is a dana 44 and the rear is a floater. What mounts have to be moved changed or is this just a bolt in thing?
    Thanks,

Tony

2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I would think that the bronco would be too short? It would be cool though to have a diesel bronco. :nod:

3. 86burban

86burban Senior Member
    from chicago

Naa, the 6.9 took a crap and died many years and 200k miles before I got it. It had a 302/ C6 combo when I got it. The rest of the driveline was from the diesel and was rebuilt when the 302 was put in 9 yrs ago. It was driven just about every day until the owner sold it to me about a year ago. I have not driven it a whole lot since then and would rather cut it up than see the junkyard get it. The body is really not in good shape at all. It has Warn hubs and newer 33x12.50R16.5's on it. Those wheels and tires are not going for sure. I already have the Engine/Tranny/T-case out of it and I Want to keep the rest of the driveline. Id just like to make my Bronco look and handle badder off road than a Complete stocker.

Tony

4. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

it would be a waist of time to add the front axle. it is a TTB DAna 50. Not stronger at all when compared to a 44, both are almost equal. The 10.25 rear is a very common swap. Check out fullsizebronco.com. serach the forums there for some gret info