1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Broken X Blade

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by ZRT1000, Mar 4, 2014.

1. ZRT1000

ZRT1000 Member

I am having a problem with the bottom 1"x1" angle iron, it is just above the trip edge and holds the bottom of the stainless board in place. It does not have much weld that holds it in place and they keep breaking. I pulled the board off this fall and re welded and added some new brackets and now they all broke again and I will need to replace the angle and figure a better way to attach it.. Anybody else having this problem ?

2. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

A lot of others have this plow including me. They just weld it, I sold it lol(didn't say it wasn't broke). The newer ones are redone so maybe look at one and copy the design into yours?

3. ZRT1000

ZRT1000 Member

Thanks.. I will see if I can find another and copy what they did .. Just wanted to make sure I am not the only one ..