1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Broken ware bar

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by RBRONKEMA GHTFD, Jan 29, 2007.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Hey guys I was plowing today, some of my light commercial accounts and I started to leave a trail off in the middle of the plow. I have a vee plow so i thought it was because i broke the center puck off. Nope. I was wrong, I broke the right ware bar right next to the puck. I am missing a section about 5 inches long and as high as the ware bar. I am pissed because I didn'thit anything and I never abuse my stuff. I am gonna have to bring it in and get the new ware bars put on it tommorrow. I am leaving trail off like you guys wouldn't believe. It sucks. But eveyone have a good one and have fun plowing.

2. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

If its a boss, make sure you get the new style cutting edges. You wont need the puck anymore and they have curb guards built on and they very thick.

Good Luck!!
  3. starc

starc Senior Member

I've done that, just cut a piece of regular steel and welded it in with stainless rod